Monday, February 4, 2013

Mental Health and Women's Issues

Hi friends!  I am very blessed to be a part of my current graduate program.  I have acquired a particular interest in helping others to understand mental health concerns in everyday language.  Lately, I have been doing a ton of research of mental health conditions and how they 'look' in women. I am going to attempt to share resources to help others understand more about women-centered mental health topics.  I feel it is important to push against the stigma our society immediately associates with these 'labels.'  

Topics discussed will be:

Women/girls and ADHD

Womengirls and Aspergers

Postpartum Depression

 (cnn.com)

(blog.droz.com)

I am sure I will find more to drone on about eventually.  However, I feel these are three unique conditions which our society tends misunderstand.

No comments:

Post a Comment